Thursday, May 21, 2015

Mommy Passed On the Trophy

I mentioned on my previous posts that I was the type of person who would literally go about any workplace challenge, take on any work assignments and deliver beyond what is expected when it comes to my career.

Today marks a turning point in my career. I was offered a once in a lifetime opportunity to work in a company that is included in Forbes Asia's Best Companies. I was offered the same job twice and I turned it down twice.

I didn't intend to turn it down the second time. But because I couldn't find a replacement for my nanny (who left without even notifying us) I had to turn down the job. I tried every relative, every friend who could accommodate my son even for just a week while I look for a new nanny, but to no avail.

I couldn't help but cry. I cried my heart out on passing out on an opportunity that I know would give me a whole new advantage on my career. I was literally tossing and turning on what to do.

I know the implications of my actions might get be blacklisted but at the time all I ever thought was the welfare of my son. The thought of leaving my son, of not being able to see how he is or what he's doing was killing me. I couldn't stand the thought that I would have to leave him to work.

I thought to myself "Is this really what motherhood is all about? About making sacrifices?" I mean here is my son with his innocent look on his face and he doesn't even know what's going on. I felt that I could give anything for my son. I can pass on any job but my heart will always belong with my son. I will always be on the lookout for what's going to be the best for him and not for myself.

I guess this is selfless and unconditional love discovered. No regrets whatsoever as long as I see that smile on my son's face.

No comments:

Post a Comment