Tuesday, June 2, 2015

House chores: Will it ever stop?

I was sitting by the stairs. Watching the pile of dirty laundry, the unwashed dishes, the muddy floor and the toys scattered around the house. I was figuring out what to do first. Do I cook breakfast first, then give my son a bath, then do all the chores?

Then I sighed in exhaustion. Will the pile of dirty laundry ever stop from piling? Will I ever get a day when I will just wake up, eat my breakfast and juts sit around maybe read a book or two.

But alas, I find myself sweating badly and looking at what I had accomplished. I was able to manage and do everything in my what to do today list. I knew a nice long bath would be a great reward for this. I was about to do it, when my son heard me coming inside the bathroom and he hurried on following me.

Waaah! Do I ever get a break?

Then the evening comes, and my husband comes home from work. As usual he would put his shoes under the sofa, throw his used shirt near the laundry basket and ask what's for dinner. I breathed hard and told myself not to snap. But I  did. I was like an angry bear growling in anger. I couldn't stop nagging about how his actions give me extra work.

My instant reaction was, oh my God I was becoming one of those wives who nags and couldn't even take a good bath.

But I look at son, who still adores me. He looks at me constantly. Regardless if I'm sweating or I haven't take a bath yet, he smiled up to his ears and embraces me. Occasionally, he would kiss me on the lips then embrace. Then I know, it was all worth it.

Maybe it's true what they say. You never know what unconditional love is until you become a mother. They will never know the sacrifices you made. You just hang on to the hope that someday they would become the best person they could be and hopefully always eager to come home to the people who raised and love them dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment